Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Personal Note from Becca - HomeBizBoomer

As we have all lost family members we love and it is a difficult part of life we must face, it can also be comforting to know that all of the worldly troubles and pain are no more. My husband, Robert, and I were at the conference in Dallas when I got a call Saturday morning from one of my brothers that my mom had been admitted to Intensive Care and was not expected to live. It was during our first break at the conference and everyone was visiting and checking out all of the awesome new products and excitement was in the air. I found Shep and asked if I could talk with him outside the room. He made a funny comment like he always does, like..."Uh oh, Becca wants to see me in the hallway...I must be in trouble." Anyway, the second I got outside the meeting room, the tears began to fall and by now, Jan and Shep both, were giving me hugs and consoling me, then I ran into Jerriann (Kerr) and told her what was going on, and she was "lifting me up," too.


I tell you all of this because our Mia Bella Family is truly that. When the chips are down, you can count on our "Mia Bella Family!"

I’ve told a few of you about this, but it’s so beautiful, I would like to share it with all of you.

At the conclusion of Mom’s service at the cemetery, we had a dove release. How this works is, there is one white dove, called (Mom’s) Spirit Dove and it was contained in a heart shaped covered basket. Then there was a separate container that held 3 additional white doves representing the Father, Son and Holy Spirit...Holy Trinity.

The music began (link below), and at the beginning of the third verse, Dad and I opened the basket containing Mom’s Spirit Dove and it flew, then one of my brothers opened the second container and those three flew. As the song continued to play, we could see that the three doves had encircled the Spirit Dove and we watched until they were out of sight. Needless to say, there was not a dry eye anywhere as the symbolism was heartfelt by all.

What an amazing way to conclude the celebration of my mother’s life. I hope you all will enjoy this as much as I have.

http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Celine-Dion/Fly.html

(It takes a minute or so to load. Might need to copy/paste.)
Thanks to all of you for your support and condolences. I can’t tell you how much it means to me.
Love to all,

Becca

No comments: